This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
A healthy, vegan dessert (or breakfast), this coconut mango parfait is sweet, refreshing, and bursting with tropical flavor. These simple, nutritious ingredients are layered in a mason jar. Beautiful and delicious!
Vegan & Gluten-Free Coconut Mango Parfait
My life totally changed when I discovered how amazingly coconut cream and fresh mango paired. I crave this combination all the time!
I wasn’t quite sure what to call this layered whipped coconut cream and mango recipe – my initial thought was to call it a trifle but that didn’t feel right since there is no sponge cake/or a sponge cake alternative in it. I decided on coconut mango parfait.
It’s simply just coconut cream, sweetened with a little maple syrup and flavored with vanilla extract, and mango layered together in a mason jar and topped with toasted coconut flakes.
You can eat this coconut mango parfait for breakfast or dessert. (Which seems to be a theme with my recipes lately – enter the berry vegan cheesecake I ate for breakfast, ha.)
To whip the coconut cream, I recommend refrigerating a can of coconut milk or coconut cream overnight. Remove the coconut cream from the can, leaving the liquid behind. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, whip the cream on medium speed until it forms stiff peaks. This typically only takes a couple of minutes.
How to Not Cut Mangoes 😉
I’d love to tell you I have some secret trick to cutting up mangoes. I’ve watched tutorials on how to “do it the right way” and guys – mango cutting is just NOT for me. Maybe my knife isn’t sharp enough. But it’s way too much work for me when I just want to eat-all-the-mangoes.
If you’re skilled at cutting up mangos, go for it. Otherwise, they totally sell mangos that are pre-sliced in containers in the produce section. Which might hurt my eco-friendly rating if we are keeping track. -Hangs head in shame- But sometimes, you’ve gotta make exceptions in the name of coconut mango parfaits, amiright?
Someday I’ll master mango cutting. SOMEDAY.
- 1 cup coconut cream - - cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.5-2 cups of cubed mangos
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- To make the whipped coconut cream, place the cold coconut cream into a mixing bowl and whip on medium-high until stiff peaks are formed (about 2-3 minutes). Watch closely so you don’t over-whip. Fold in the vanilla and maple syrup.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of mangos to the bottom of a mason jar. Layer with 2-3 tablespoons of coconut cream. Keep alternating until you hit the top of the jar.
- Top wth toasted coconut.
- Makes two small mason jars.