This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Hemp Seed Dog Biscuits
Feed your pups these healthy hemp seed dog biscuits to promote joint and skin health and boost their immunity. They are picky-dog approved!
I’m not gonna lie – I don’t have a good track record with making dog biscuits. They are either too crumbly, too soft, or my dog won’t touch them.
Wait, wait…before you think “Omg, then why would I trust her?!” I promise, I hit the mark here. My dogs cannot get enough of these hemp seed dog biscuits!
The recipe calls for whole, nutritious ingredients. And the end product obviously tastes delicious. Just ask my sweet black lab/mutt/rescue baby, Lexi.
It takes a lot to impress this picky girl
Healthy Dog Treat Recipe = MUST
I always feed my family and my dogs with their health in mind and treats are no exception – but I want them to taste good, too! These biscuits are made with homemade oat flour, which is whole and nutritious, and also has good flavor.
For another flavor boost, I used (organic, unsweetened) applesauce. It has three roles: 1. Yum. 2. Healthy for dogs. 3. Binds everything together.
Coconut oil also adds flavor, and is excellent for gut and skin health.
The star ingredients in these treats are the hemp seeds, though! Hemp seeds are so, so good for dogs. The properties in hemp seeds can help with inflammation issues, itchy and irritated skin, and they can also boost the immune system.
Homemade Hemp Seed Dog Biscuit Recipe
Promote joint health and skin/coat health by making these healthy hemp seed biscuits for your dog! The recipe is super simple and calls for only 4 ingredients.
Learn how to make homemade oat flour here.
I always recommend buying organic ingredients when you can. Read: Why Should You Buy Organic?
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl
- Knead the mixture a few times.
- Form dough into a ball and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Coat your working space and rolling pin in oat flour.
- Roll out the biscuit dough, about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into rectangles or use a cute dog bone cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet, setting each biscuit a little apart from each other.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hardened and cooked through.