This vegan pomegranate and matcha parfait is perfect for the holiday season with it’s festive red & green colors.
Matcha is kind of the “trendy” thing in the health food world right now. And for good reason! It’s delicious (if you’re into that green tea flavor) and nutritious, too. Matcha is packed with health benefits – read about them here!
Matcha is also fun to play with in recipes because of it’s earthy green color. It can be used as a natural green food dye (like in my chocolate & matcha thumbprint cookies) which is definitely useful around the holiday season!
Pair it with red and white and you can create a fun holiday dessert, like the Pomegranate and Matcha Parfait I’m about to share with you.
Pomegranate & Matcha Parfait Recipe
This dessert (or breakfast!) is vegan, gluten-free, free of artificial food dyes, and refined sugar-free.
The layers are simple:
- The white layer is made from whipped coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. For tips on making the perfect vegan whipped coconut cream, visit my recipe here.
- The green layer is simply matcha mixed with non-dairy yogurt and maple syrup.
- The topping is pomegranate arils (or pomegranate seeds) – you can also layer with these!
Layer them in a large bowl, mini trifle bowls, or mason jars! This recipe makes about three 8oz jar’s worth.
You can completely customize this recipe. Add raspberries or strawberries on top instead of pomegranates. Add additional layers with granola, or even hemp seeds. Create as many or few layers as you desire.
So many possibilities to impress your guests, visually and tastefully!
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (or more if more layers desired)
- White Layer: Whip cold coconut cream using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until peaks form. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla. Set in fridge until ready to assemble parfait in jars.
- Green Layer: Whisk together yogurt, matcha, and maple syrup.
- Layer the white & green layers with pomegranates as desired in bowls or mason jars. Set in fridge until ready to serve.