This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
I've been super focused on my health recently - seriously, I'm even working out. (Hip hop cardio videos on YouTube are crazy fun!)
No more junk-food-vegan lifestyle here. I'm eating things like lentils, rice, quinoa and potatoes...and I put all of those things in a burger recipe. And it's BOMB so I want to share it with you.
This burger recipe is perfect workout fuel - full of healthy carbs, which are essential to maintain energy, and plant-based protein, to build and repair your muscles. Back in the day when I ran track, our coach used to preach eating a meal full of carbs and protein the night before a race.
The main source of protein in this vegan burger recipe is the Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend which contains lentils, brown jasmine rice, and red quinoa. Carbs, protein, dietary fiber...yes please! Village Harvest also carries two other organic benefit blend varieties: Organic Antioxidant Blend (black rice, black lentils, and black quinoa) and Organic Ancient Grain Blend (millet, red and white quinoa, and buckwheat). I love these blends because they are so much easier to make than cooking everything separately. You can check out the New Village Harvest Online Shop here.
If you can't find these Village Harvest blends at your local grocery store, fill this product request form and hand it into the store.
Village Harvest is dedicated to social sustainability - caring for our planet, and also the farmers that we can thank for these delicious grains. Village Harvest gives 1% of their profits back to the farmers and the communities their products are sourced from. Isn't that fantastic? I love supporting brands that give back.
To make these delicious vegan burgers, you simply need to mash together cooked potatoes, the cooked Organic Protein Blend, Worcestershire Sauce, coconut aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. The seasonings give these burgers a wonderful deep flavor! Form them into patties and bake in the oven on parchment paper. Since there is no oil in this recipe, the parchment paper is KEY - otherwise your patties will stick to the pan.
I love topping my potato burgers with a maple mustard sauce - it's creamy, zesty, sweet and only takes a couple minutes to make.
These burgers already have a wonderful texture and flavor, but no burger is complete with a ton of veggies on top! What are your favorite toppings? I love a burger totally loaded with veggies: tomatoes, red onions, romaine lettuce, and micro greens! My son loves pickles.
Vegan Protein Potato Burger
POTATO PROTEIN BURGERS
- 4 medium red potatoes
- ½ cup dry Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos or liquid aminos, soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
MAPLE MUSTARD SAUCE
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
POTATO PROTEIN BURGERS
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Boil in a pot of water until fork tender. Drain.
- While your potatoes are cooking, you can cook your Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend. In a pot, combine ½ cup of the dry blend with 1 ¼ cup of water. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mash the cooked potatoes and Protein Blend together in a large bowl. Mix in the remaining ingredients until well incorporated.
- Form your burger patties: ½ cup of mixture per patty will make 6 patties total.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for about 25-30 minutes total. Flip halfway through. If the burgers are still sticking to the parchment paper when you go to flip them, they aren't done enough on that side. Give it another 5 minutes or so.
- Once done, top with the maple mustard sauce and other favorite toppings!
MAPLE MUSTARD SAUCE
- Simply mix all ingredients together. Store extra in a jar in the fridge.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.