This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
You're going to flip out over these VEGAN Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts! If you love pumpkin, you'll be obsessed with these. They are filled with a delicious pumpkin pie filling and topped with a pumpkin glaze!
Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts
Are you ready to get your pumpkin pie pop-tart on?
These are literally pumpkin pie, in pop-tart form. You could make this recipe slightly simpler and make hand pies - but pop-tarts are way cuter, amiright? The crust is just a basic pie crust recipe (you could even use store bought if you don't care to make it homemade.)
The filling is all of your favorite fall flavors: pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, oh my!
My absolute FAVORITE part is the pumpkin glaze! Simply take a scoop of the pumpkin pie filling, mix it with some powdered sugar and almond milk, and omg...best glaze, ever.
A couple of tips to keep in mind as you make your pumpkin pie pop-tarts:
- To keep your pop-tarts uniform, trace around something rectangular. Like a wooden spatula, an index card, etc. Better yet if you just happen to have the perfect cookie cutter.
- Make sure you leave enough room around the edges after dolloping on the filling. You want these babies to seal up good to keep that pumpkin-y delicious inside.
- Poke holes in the top so air doesn't get trapped - the filling will try to bust out of the sides otherwise.
Can't get enough pumpkin? Make these for breakfast, and then make pumpkin cheesecake for dessert!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts
Pop Tart Crust
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoon organic sugar
- ¾ cup cold vegan butter
- 3-5 tablespoon cold almond milk or water
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie filling
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour and sugar.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour/sugar and cold butter until it looks like sand. This can also be done by hand with a pastry cutter.
- Stir in the cold almond milk until the dough just starts to come together. Start out with 3 tablespoon and add a little more if it's still dry. You don't want the dough to be too sticky either.
- Form the dough in a disc and place on a flour-sprinkled surface.
- Roll out (about ¼ inch thickness) and cut into rectangles. The dough makes about 12 rectangles for a total of 6 pop-tarts, if your rectangles are about 3x4 inches.
- Space out 6 of the rectangles on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
- For the pumpkin pie filling, simply mix together all of the ingredients.
- Place a scant tablespoon of filling in the middle of each rectangle.
- Place the remaining rectangles of dough over top gently. Don't press down in the middle.
- To seal the pop tarts, use a fork and press down all around the edges. Poke some holes in the tops to let air escape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges just start to turn golden brown.
- While the pop tarts are baking, mix together all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the pop tarts cool for 10-15 minutes and drizzle the glaze over top.