You’re going to flip out over these VEGAN Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts! If you love pumpkin, you’ll be obsessed with these. They are filled with a delicious pumpkin pie filling and topped with a pumpkin glaze!
Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts
Are you ready to get your pumpkin pie pop-tart on?
These are literally pumpkin pie, in pop-tart form. You could make this recipe slightly simpler and make hand pies – but pop-tarts are way cuter, amiright? The crust is just a basic pie crust recipe (you could even use store bought if you don’t care to make it homemade.)
The filling is all of your favorite fall flavors: pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, oh my!
My absolute FAVORITE part is the pumpkin glaze! Simply take a scoop of the pumpkin pie filling, mix it with some powdered sugar and almond milk, and omg…best glaze, ever.
A couple of tips to keep in mind as you make your pumpkin pie pop-tarts:
- To keep your pop-tarts uniform, trace around something rectangular. Like a wooden spatula, an index card, etc. Better yet if you just happen to have the perfect cookie cutter.
- Make sure you leave enough room around the edges after dolloping on the filling. You want these babies to seal up good to keep that pumpkin-y delicious inside.
- Poke holes in the top so air doesn’t get trapped – the filling will try to bust out of the sides otherwise.
Can’t get enough pumpkin? Make these for breakfast, and then make pumpkin cheesecake for dessert!
Pop Tart Crust
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup cold vegan butter
- 3-5 tbsp cold almond milk or water
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour and sugar.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour/sugar and cold butter until it looks like sand. This can also be done by hand with a pastry cutter.
- Stir in the cold almond milk until the dough just starts to come together. Start out with 3 tbsp and add a little more if it's still dry. You don't want the dough to be too sticky either.
- Form the dough in a disc and place on a flour-sprinkled surface.
- Roll out (about 1/4 inch thickness) and cut into rectangles. The dough makes about 12 rectangles for a total of 6 pop-tarts, if your rectangles are about 3x4 inches.
- Space out 6 of the rectangles on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
- For the pumpkin pie filling, simply mix together all of the ingredients.
- Place a scant tablespoon of filling in the middle of each rectangle.
- Place the remaining rectangles of dough over top gently. Don't press down in the middle.
- To seal the pop tarts, use a fork and press down all around the edges. Poke some holes in the tops to let air escape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges just start to turn golden brown.
- While the pop tarts are baking, mix together all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the pop tarts cool for 10-15 minutes and drizzle the glaze over top.