This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
A DIY sugar scrub recipe promotes healthy skin and is very easy to make, with only three basic kitchen ingredients: cane sugar, brown sugar, and oil.
Easy Sugar Scrub Recipe
Not only is this scrub recipe exfoliating, but it's also moisturizing.
This sugar scrub is made easily with 3 everyday ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen cabinets - cane sugar, brown sugar, and oil (I prefer hemp oil or grape seed oil for my face as I find they don't clog my pores, but olive oil and coconut oil also work.)
It can be mixed together in a matter of minutes, and can also be made in a big batch and stored for later.
Benefits of Exfoliating with a DIY Sugar Scrub
It's beneficial to exfoliate your body and face no matter your skin type - dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, acne-prone skin...Getting rid of those dead skin cells can improve your skin!
- Exfoliating with a face scrub has anti-aging effects (built-up dead skin cells exacerbate fine lines, and make your skin look dry and less supple.)
- Helps remove makeup
- Evens your skin tone
- Allows you to get a closer shave
- It makes your skin smoother, which allows for better makeup application
- Helps prevent acne and blackheads by keeping your pores clean
How to Exfoliate Your Face & Body
Exfoliating is a relatively easy process, but can be messy so I prefer to exfoliate in the shower. This is, of course, a no-brainer when you are scrubbing your body. But you certainly can exfoliate your face over the sink.
Just make sure not to get it too close to your eyes so sugar particles don't find their way in there.
Take about a tablespoon into your palm at a time and rub your hands together. Massage gently onto your body in circular motions. The areas I tend to focus on the most are the back of my upper arms and my legs (dry skin areas) and my face and neck (acne-prone areas).
How to Make Sugar Scrub
It's SO easy! Here is a how-to:
DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Mix together all ingredients well.
- Massage onto face and/or body in gentle circular motions, being careful not to get too close to your eyes.
- Use 1-2 times a week.
- If you have extra, store the sugar scrub in an airtight container on the counter (up to 2 weeks) or in your fridge (1-2 months.)