Ah. THE BEARD. It takes on it’s own life force, people are referred by it (“You know, the dude with the really cool beard?”), it’s become some kind of hip trademark, often paired with large black-framed glasses…
On one hand, they are pretty cool. On the other hand, they require some maintenance – which is why it’s great to gift a bearded dude with items and products he can use for that purpose. Practical, personal, and useful. (But if you still like to be creative like me and give homemade gifts for the holidays and birthdays, I have some DIY recipes below that you can also whip up for the bearded person in your life.)
Useful Gift Ideas for the Bearded Man
- Beard oil helps to condition and moisturize facial hair – and also to soothe irritated skin from shaving. My husband loves this stuff. You can buy it or you can make it (it’s super simple and cost effective to make if you have some essential oils already on hand.)
- Mustache wax is similar to beard oil. However, it also helps to tame unruly facial hair and shape particular mustache styles (who knew there were so many different styles of mustaches?!) Make mustache wax with this DIY recipe or buy it on Amazon here.
Soft Bristled Beard Brush
- A soft bristled brush is perfect for grooming a beard. This beard brush is made of synthetic bristles. Another great brush for taming facial hair is a boar brush.
- Of course, a beard trimmer had to be on the list! There are so many different options for beard trimmers – from super expensive ones to inexpensive ones, from trimmers with a lot of attachments to more simple ones. If you’re looking for a simple and inexpensive (but not “cheap”) one, this Philips Norelco beard trimmer hits the mark. On the other hand, this trimmer kit by Wahl Groomsman is still inexpensive, but comes with a ton of attachments and a recharging station!
Beard Shaping Tool
- This nifty little beard shaping tool is certainly not necessary to maintain a beard, but it’s pretty cool and very helpful for the guy that really enjoys a perfectly symmetrical beard. It also makes a great gift for a beginner-beard guy.
Anything you’d add to the list? Leave a comment below!