Welcome to Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen!
… I’m Karissa! And I’m here to supply you with super delicious vegan recipes & vegan-related content.
With a little sass.
If you’ve been around, you have surely noticed that my website has undergone some changes. Namely, the name. I blogged under The Crunchy Chronicles for nearly 4 years and it was a great 4 years. Slowly but surely I started producing, almost exclusively, vegan recipes and vegan lifestyle content. It only made sense that I rebranded…Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen was born.
My Vegan Journey
I totally admire the vegans who quit meat & dairy cold turkey. But it wasn’t that way for me. It took me YEARS to get here. I get the struggle that comes along with growing up in an omnivorous household and in a culture that emphasizes a ton of animal products – the dairy addiction, not knowing what to eat, having to learn to love veggies, the social pressure, etc.
I take those personal experiences and try to help anyone who is struggling like I did with zero judgement. I created a vegan facebook group inspired by this. Vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores striving to go vegan or eat more-plant based are welcome – Join Eating Vegan here!
5 Most Popular Recipes
7 Facts About Me
- I grew up in Upstate NY and moved to South Carolina when I was 18 to follow my husband (and high school sweetheart) who was in the Air Force at the time.
- I’m now 27 and we have a 5-year-old son.
- I eat potatoes at least once a day and bought a Costco membership just to buy potatoes in bulk. #obsessed
- I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology (and now I blog about food for a living, ha!)
- I have two pups. Lexi is a 9-year old black lab who likes her butt scratched. Jade is a mischievous (aka, pain in the butt but adorable) 3-year old pit bull.
- My fashion style consists of leggings, t-shirts and Toms.
- My favorite emoji is the eye-rolling guy: 🙄