Welcome to Karissa's Vegan Kitchen!
... I'm Karissa! And I'm here to supply you with super delicious vegan recipes & resources to help you on your vegan journey!
If you need to contact me, do so here.
Vegan Beginner's Guide
Are you new to veganism? Check out my free 5-Day Vegan Beginner's Guide to get started.
I published a vegan recipe eBook, titled The Vibrant Vegan Cookbook, and you can find that for sale here. I do not currently have a cookbook in print (maybe someday!)
You find all of my eBooks here.
My Vegan Journey
I've been vegan since 2016, and I love being vegan, but I won't lie and say it was an easy journey.
I totally admire the vegans who quit meat & dairy cold turkey. But it wasn't that way for me. It took me years to get here. I get the struggle that comes along with growing up in an omnivorous household and in a culture that emphasizes a ton of animal products - the dairy addiction, not knowing what to eat, having to learn to love veggies, the social pressure, etc.
I take those personal experiences and try to help anyone who is struggling like I did with zero judgement. I created a vegan Facebook group inspired by this. Vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores striving to go vegan or eat more-plant based are welcome - Join Eating Vegan here!
5 Most Popular Recipes
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Vegan Meatloaf
Facts About Me
- I grew up in NY, lived in South Carolina for over 10 years, and moved back to beautiful northern New York recently.
- My last meal on earth would definitely be a vegan fried chicken sandwich with a side of mac & cheese.
- I have two favorite animals (aside from dogs, of course) - Wolves and elephants!
- I eat potatoes at least once a day and bought a Costco membership just to buy potatoes in bulk. #obsessed
- I went to school to be a psychologist...and now I'm a full-time food blogger! I like to think my college degree helps somewhat (or at least that's what I tell myself when paying my student debt every month!)
- I have two pups. Lexi is a 12-year old black lab who likes her butt scratched. Jade is a mischievous (aka, pain in the butt but adorable) 7-year old pit bull.
- My fashion style consists of leggings, t-shirts and Toms.
- My favorite emoji is the eye-rolling guy: 🙄
- I've watched the entire series of The Office approximately 20-25 times, and that is not an exaggeration.
Karissa's Vegan Kitchen has been featured in Buzzfeed, MSN.com, Finding Vegan, LiveKindly, Prevention, Veg News, Delish, Healthline, Care2, Woman's Day, Runner's World, Shape, Redbook, PETA, Dr. Axe, and more!