Welcome to Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen!
… I’m Karissa! And I’m here to supply you with super delicious vegan recipes & resources to help you on your vegan journey.
My Vegan Journey
I’ve been vegan for 3 years, and I love being vegan, but I won’t lie and say it was an easy journey.
I totally admire the vegans who quit meat & dairy cold turkey. But it wasn’t that way for me. It took me years to get here. I get the struggle that comes along with growing up in an omnivorous household and in a culture that emphasizes a ton of animal products – the dairy addiction, not knowing what to eat, having to learn to love veggies, the social pressure, etc.
I take those personal experiences and try to help anyone who is struggling like I did with zero judgement. I created a vegan Facebook group inspired by this. Vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores striving to go vegan or eat more-plant based are welcome – Join Eating Vegan here!
Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen is Featured In…
Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen has been featured in Buzzfeed, MSN.com, Finding Vegan, LiveKindly, Prevention, Veg News, Delish, Healthline, Care2, Woman’s Day, Runner’s World, Shape, Redbook, PETA, Dr. Axe, and more!
5 Most Popular Recipes
7 Facts About Me
- I grew up in Upstate NY and moved to South Carolina when I was 18 to follow my husband (and high school sweetheart) who was in the Air Force at the time.
- I’m now 27 and we have a 5-year-old son.
- I eat potatoes at least once a day and bought a Costco membership just to buy potatoes in bulk. #obsessed
- I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology (and now I blog about food for a living, ha!)
- I have two pups. Lexi is a 9-year old black lab who likes her butt scratched. Jade is a mischievous (aka, pain in the butt but adorable) 3-year old pit bull.
- My fashion style consists of leggings, t-shirts and Toms.
- My favorite emoji is the eye-rolling guy: 🙄