This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
This vegan ranch recipe is easy to make and totally soy-free/nut-free/gluten-free. Many readers in the comments have called this the BEST vegan ranch they’ve ever made. Grab your favorite vegan mayo and let’s go! This recipe will work both as a vegan salad dressing & as a dip.
If you have never made homemade ranch, oh my gosh, go to your kitchen RIGHT NOW and make this. Nom nom. You’ll never buy store-bought again. So tasty, plus the ingredients are so much better.
Some store-bought vegan ranch dressings taste…odd. Let’s be real. This recipe tastes just like the real thing. Nope, I’m not a dressing magician or anything. It’s all in finding your favorite vegan mayo and using the right seasonings.
I like to use Just Mayo in my ranch recipe which tastes like a traditional mayo that is made with eggs. Other great options are Vegenaise and Hellman’s vegan mayo. All of these contain only plant-based ingredients, whereas traditional mayo is made with eggs.
I have tried making vegan ranch with cashews. And while delicious, it just doesn’t hit the spot for me when I want that perfect ranch taste like vegan mayo does.
- Vegan mayo: Again, use your favorite!
- Dairy-free milk: Unsweetened, plain. I have been using oat milk these days.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a zing to the recipe. You can also use lemon juice or white vinegar.
- Garlic: The recipe calls for fresh cloves, but garlic powder works, too (use about 1 teaspoon.)
- Parsley, dill, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper: The spices and seasoning you need for a flavorful ranch! Feel free to use fresh parsley and dill.
Paprika is kind of like my secret ingredient for this recipe. It is still absolutely amazing without it, but it adds a special oomph.
How to Make Vegan Ranch Dressing
The directions for this vegan ranch are as simple as mixing all of the ingredients together. Add more (or less) non-dairy milk to get the consistency you desire. You can enjoy it as soon as you make it, but the flavors really come through after sitting a couple of hours in the fridge.
Store this ranch in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10-14 days.
This dressing can also work as a vegan ranch dip for veggies…or homemade fries. Yummy!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and a star review below. Then, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @karissasvegankitchen so I can see your delicious creation!
For a healthy, oil-free vegan ranch recipe, see my Hemp Seed Ranch! It’s so creamy and totally hits the spot.
Easy Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- If mixture is too thick for your preference, add a little more milk.
- Store in a jar in the fridge. The flavors will really come through after about 4 hours, but it’s still delicious before then.
- This will store for at least a week (as long as the milk and mayo you use does not expire before then.)