This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
With the upcoming fall season, everyone is crazed over pumpkin. To be honest, I'm no exception!
This homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe is great to make if you can't find the storebought version, which is often only on the shelves during the holiday season. Plus, you can customize the ingredients to your liking. Personally, I find eating ginger upsets my stomach so I leave it out (no worries, it's still in this recipe for the most authentic version!)
All you need to do to make homemade pumpkin spice is mix all of the spices together in a bowl or jar.
Then, store it how you prefer. The amount this recipe makes fits perfectly into a 4-ounce mason jar.
Spices can keep for up to 4 years. Check the expiration dates of the individual spices you'll be using to make this mix, and write the soonest date down on a label and stick it to the jar (if you know you won't be using it all up this holiday season!)
Ways to Use Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Recipes! Of course. You can use this spice mix in any recipe that calls for pumpkin pie spice.
- Make your home smell good: Add an amazing pumpkin-y, autumn aroma to your home! Just simmer 4 cups of water with 2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice mix for an hour. You can also add a cinnamon stick or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the pot.
- Add to coffee: I like to add a ½ teaspoon of this mix right into my coffee grounds for pumpkin spice coffee! That way, there is no grainy spices floating around in my cup.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix all ingredients together. Use a whisk or a fork to make sure all the lumps are broken down.
- Store in a jar in a cool, dry place.