This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Step up your breakfast game with this delicious and healthy berry quinoa parfait.
While it's important to eat a nutritious diet, it can be downright boring if you're sticking to the same basic meals - oatmeal and smoothies can get a little monotonous. Enjoying the healthy food you are eating is my key to success.
This Triple Berry Quinoa Parfait allows you to start your day out with a healthy meal that is bursting with different flavors and textures. It will give you the nutrients and energy you need to get your morning yoga or run in.
Plus, it's absolutely gorgeous!
Typically, quinoa is found in a dinner recipe or side dish. But your mind will be totally blown when you test quinoa out in this breakfast parfait. Quinoa is so incredibly versatile and easy to make (it's ready in just 15 minutes), which makes healthy eating simple.
Quinoa is a whole grain, gluten-free, superfood - and if you eat a plant based diet, you'll be happy to know that quinoa is also a complete protein. It is a wonderful food to incorporate into your healthy lifestyle.
I recommend making the quinoa ahead of time so you can wake up in the morning and throw your parfait together quickly before starting your day.
The other ingredients for this recipe are also healthy, simple ingredients: a little maple syrup, almond yogurt (or soy yogurt), strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
In a glass or mason jar, layer the raspberries, blueberries, and quinoa + yogurt mixture. You can get creative here and use other fruits you love, too, like blackberries or cherries! Once you're done layering, dig right in and enjoy!
This recipe makes 2 or 3 servings, so you can save the remaining ingredients in your fridge and have them for another morning. Or share - if you're willing 😉
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner's Guide!
What is your favorite way to enjoy quinoa? I'd love to hear from you in the comments section!
Triple Berry Quinoa Parfait
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cups water
- 1½ cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- maple syrup to sweeten amount is up to your preference
- 1-2 cups berries of choice
- Bring the water to a boil. Add quinoa and return to a boil. Cover and let simmer on medium for about 12 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix a cup and a half of the cooked quinoa with the yogurt. You may have some quinoa left over (store it in the fridge to have with your dinner!)
- Sweeten the quinoa mixture with some maple syrup how you prefer. I typically add a tablespoon.
- In a glass cup or jar, layer the quinoa mixture with the berries.
- Grab your spoon and dig in! Save any remaining ingredients in the fridge for breakfast the next day, or a snack later.