This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
These easy Vegan No-Bake Cookies with peanut butter and chocolate are as soft and chewy as freshly baked, without turning on the oven.
Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter? It's a flavor combination made in heaven, especially when it comes to cookies. If you agree, you'll love these vegan no-bake chocolate chip peanut butter cookies AND these Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
This recipe is a fast and kid-friendly dessert or lunchbox treat that stays fresh all week in the fridge. I also love to make them around the holidays for Christmas cookie plates.
Chances are you already have everything you need to make these easy cookies. Then, to whip these cookies up, simply warm the wet ingredients on the stove and fold in the dries. The dough will be soft and easy to shape into bite-sized cookies.
- Milk: You can use any vegan milk you like. However, I always use oat milk because of the neutral flavor and creamy texture.
- Peanut butter. Use creamy peanut butter for the best flavor. You can also use almond or cashew butter if you prefer.
- Cocoa powder. For the classic combo of chocolate and peanut butter!
- Sugar. Use organic sugar to ensure it's vegan.
- Vegan butter. I like Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks for baking because they taste like real butter and are easy to measure.
- Quick oats. Make sure you're not using old-fashioned or rolled oats, which will give your no-bake cookies an odd texture.
Still craving chocolate? Make this vegan chocolate cake recipe next!
Substitutions and Swaps
- Gluten-free: Oats are naturally gluten-free, but cross-contamination can be an issue. Make sure to grab quick oats that specifically say "gluten-free" on the label.
- Nut-free: I have not tested it, but sunflower seed butter usually makes for a good peanut butter substitute. If you try it, let me know how it goes!
- Mix-ins: You can fold in mini dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts if you like some crunch in your vegan no-bake cookies.
Store your cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Or in the freezer for up to three months.
For another delicious no-bake dessert, these vegan buckeyes are perfection!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Vegan No-Bake Cookies
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, non-dairy milk, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil on medium heat, whisking frequently. Let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Immediately stir in the oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Drop spoonfuls of the warm cookie mixture onto the baking sheets. A 1½-tablespoon cookie scoop works great for this.
- Let cool at room temperture for 30 minutes or until set.