This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Super easy cranberry sauce made with orange juice.
Cranberry sauce is an absolute must-have at your holiday table. This classic side dish pairs well with all the Thanksgiving and Christmas flavors (like this Holiday Vegan Ham Roast) and makes for a delicious leftover snack the next day.
You just need 3 simple ingredients (plus water) and about 15 minutes.
Refer to the recipe card below for ingredient quantities.
- Sugar: Organic sugar is always vegan. Use regular granulated sugar. You can substitute it with coconut sugar or even maple syrup.
- Orange juice: Grab your favorite! I usually enjoy my orange juice pulp free, but the pulp actually adds a nice texture to the sauce.
- Cranberries: Either fresh or frozen will work.
See the section Variations for optional add-ins.
Cranberry sauce is super simple to make.
Whisk together the sugar, orange juice, and water. Stir in the cranberries.
Bring to a simmer on med-low heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the cranberries have burst and the sauce has thickened.
This is a great dish to make the day before your holiday dinner to free up stovetop space. Serve it cold or warm it up before serving.
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe will also store great in the freezer. Store in an airtight container or zip bag for up to 3 months. Thaw out in the fridge and enjoy with a special dinner, or smear it on toast for breakfast.
This recipe is very versatile. You can add the following ingredients:
- Mandarin oranges
- Orange Zest
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 4 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, water, and orange juice. Add in the cranberries.
- Bring to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10-12 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have burst.
- You can substitute the orange juice for more water.
- For additional flavor you may add: orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract.