This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Super easy cranberry sauce made with orange juice.
Cranberry sauce is an absolute must-have at your holiday table. This classic side dish pairs with all the Thanksgiving and Christmas flavors, and makes for a delicious leftover snack the next day.
You just need 3 simple ingredients (plus water) and about 15 minutes.
- Sugar: Organic sugar is always vegan. Use regular granulated sugar. You can substitute with coconut sugar.
- Orange juice: Grab your favorite! I like mine with a little pulp.
- Cranberries: Either fresh or frozen will work.
Cranberry sauce is a great dish to make the day before your holiday dinner to free up stovetop space. Serve it cold or warm it up before serving.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 4 cups cranberries - fresh or frozen
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar and water. Add in the cranberries.
- Bring to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10-12 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have burst.
- You can substitute the orange juice for more water.
- For additional flavor you may add: orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract.