Nutritious baked cucumber chips are sure to be a hit for both kids and adults! This recipe makes for an easy and healthy snack and the flavors are totally customizable.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
I love eating healthy food.
I also love chips.
It’s a serious struggle.
But recently I discovered the best of both worlds: Cucumber chips!
There is nothing like a fresh cucumber from the farmer’s market or your garden and I love coming up with delicious cucumber recipes. Right now, my favorite recipe for cucumbers is baked cucumber chips! This recipe is super simple, customizable, and pretty much guilt-free.
These healthy chips are made right in the oven, unlike many other recipes that require a dehydrator.
How to Make Baked Cucumber Chips
First, take your cucumber and slice it up. Prime thickness is about an 1/8 of an inch. You want to make sure they’ll “cook” evenly. Using a mandoline will help keep them uniform.
Next, pat them dry with a towel and throw the raw cucumber slices into a bowl and mix in your seasoning of choice.
There are so many different varieties of spices and seasonings for these cucumber chips. Here are some of my favorite:
Onion and Garlic
Powdered garlic and salt
Salt and Vinegar Chips
Salt and apple cider vinegar (I prefer Bragg’s)
Smoked Cucumber Chips
Smoked paprika, salt, and garlic powder
Freshly squeezed lemon juice and ground black pepper
You could also try some dill pickle chips with dill and ACV…or herb chips with rosemary and thyme – get creative!
Then, stick them in the oven on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 3-4 hours on 170 degrees – slow and low so the chips don’t burn, but still come out dried and crispy. Cooking time will depend on how large your cucumbers are.
If your oven temperature is off, this will cause your cucumber chips to either overcook or undercook. It’s a good idea to get an oven thermometer if you suspect your temperature isn’t correct.
More Healthy Recipes to Try:
Baked Cucumber Chips Recipe
- 2 large cucumbers or 3-4 small ones
- seasoning of choice (see options below)
Option 3: Salt and Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
Option 4: Lemon and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slice cucumbers thinly, about an 1/8 of an inch in thickness.
- Pat cucumbers dry and add them to a bowl. Mix well with your seasoning of choice.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cucumbers onto the baking sheet, lying flat and separated.
- Bake low and slow at 170 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-4 hours. Time will depend on how large your cucumbers are.
- Remove the cucumbers from the oven once they are dried out and crispy.
- Enjoy your healthy snack!