This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
This oil-free vegan alfredo with cajun broccoli recipe will ROCK YOUR WORLD. Get out your blender, your roasting pan, and your favorite pasta.
Oil-Free Vegan Alfredo with Cajun Broccoli
GUYS. This is my first time sharing a VEGAN ALFREDO recipe on my blog and I’m stoked. I’ve tried so many different versions of vegan alfredo – the one I’m sharing with you today is by far my favorite creation. It’s creamy even without any oil or vegan butter! Add in the cajun broccoli and this dish is so full of flavor – or don’t! The alfredo is incredible on it’s own.
This recipe was inspired by Vegan Richa’s Garlic Penne with Cajun Cauliflower recipe.
My oil-free vegan alfredo recipe uses soaked cashews and non-dairy milk (I usually use almond or cashew milk). If you have a nut allergy, unfortunately I don’t have a substitution for you. I wish I did! Let me know in the comments if you want a nut-free vegan alfredo recipe and I’ll attempt one!
The bouillon I use in the alfredo is this one. You can use whatever brand you prefer, or just add a little salt.
As for the broccoli, use parchment paper for oil-free roasting (this goes for all roasted veggies!) The seasoning used has a quite a kick to it – to make it less spicy, add just a pinch of cayenne instead of 1/8 tsp. Or, leave it out all together.
(P.S. you can grab a pre-made cajun seasoning for ease instead of breaking out a bunch of different spice jars.)
Vegan Alfredo with Cajun Broccoli
- pasta of choice - cooked
Oil-Free Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- PREP: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, pour over cashews and let soak for 30-40 minutes.
- Blend all alfredo ingredients until super smooth.
- Pour mixture into a sauce pan and warm on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
Roasted Cajun Broccoli
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl until the broccoli is well-coated.
- Spread broccoli out onto the baking sheet.
- Roasted for 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Toss alfredo sauce with broccoli and pasta of choice and serve!