This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Blueberry Lemon Bread is light, fluffy and studded with juicy blueberries and lemon zest.
Lemon bread is a classic quick bread that's perfect for nearly any occasion. If you're planning a springtime lunch or brunch, be sure to save this easy vegan bread for the menu.
I'm talking Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, or really any day when the sun is shining and blueberries are fresh. If you're looking for a perfect entree to serve before your vegan blueberry loaf, try creamy Vegan Stuffed Shells.
Whether you regularly bake vegan recipes or this is your first, the ingredients for vegan lemon blueberry bread are straightforward and you may already have them in your pantry.
- Lemon juice. Use freshly squeezed lemons!
- Flour. I use King Arthur Flour.
- Vegan milk. You can use any plant-based milk, including almond, oat, hemp, cashew or coconut milk. You won't be able to taste it much in the finished bread.
- Vegan butter. I use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks. They're pre-measured and taste like real butter.
- Sugar. Choose organic to ensure it's vegan.
- Lemon zest. Use a Microplane to zest your lemons before you cut them or juice them.
- Vanilla extract. This adds a nice note of warmth to the otherwise bright and citrusy bread.
- Baking soda. To lighten the bread while it bakes.
- Blueberries. You can use fresh or frozen berries for this recipe.
The lemon glaze is technically optional, but I highly recommend it!
Simply whisk together sifted powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Add more powdered sugar for a thicker glaze, or a little dairy-free milk for a thin glaze.
If you have any leftover glaze, enjoy it on muffins, pancakes, waffles, ice cream, etc!
Substitutions & Swaps
- Other berries. You can substitute blueberries with raspberries, blackberries, or a combination of your favorite berries. I like to substitute half of the blueberries with raspberries for even more vibrant color and deliciousness.
- Gluten-free. I haven't tested a gluten-free version of this lemon-blueberry loaf but you should be able to make it simply by swapping flour for gluten-free all-purpose.
Store the fully cooled vegan lemon blueberry loaf in an airtight container or bag on the counter for up to three days. For longer storage, freeze for up to three months.
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner's Guide!
⭐Did you make this recipe?⭐
Please leave a comment and a star review below.
Vegan Blueberry Lemon Bread
Blueberry Lemon Bread
Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Cream together the sugar and vegan butter. Mix in the milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into a loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the loaf pan.
- Whisk together the sifted powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle over the cooled bread.