This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Easy oven-roasted sweet potatoes, crispy on the outside and tender in the middle. Season with garlic, salt, and pepper - or explore different spice options!
The oven-baked method results in delicious sweet potato chunks that are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Plus, they are naturally gluten-free and vegan.
You only need 4 basic ingredients to make these oven-roasted sweet potatoes!
- Sweet potatoes: (Of course!) Peeled and cubed into about ½-inch to 1-inch cubes.
- Olive oil: You can use any cooking oil.
- Garlic, salt, & black pepper: See the section on seasoning for more ideas.
You can find the full detailed, printable recipe in the recipe card below.
Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
Toss the cubed sweet potatoes in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings.
Spread out evenly onto a baking sheet.
Roast for 30-40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so, until golden brown.
To make crispy roasted sweet potatoes in an air fryer, preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Prepare the potatoes as instructed. Air fry for about 10 minutes or until tender with crispy edges.
There are so many ways you can add additional flavor to your roasted sweet potatoes! Here are some delicious ideas.
This is my go-to seasoning mixture.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
Cinnamon Brown Sugar:
This seasoning mixture is reminiscent of sweet potato casserole.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Storing & Reheating
If you have leftovers, store the potatoes in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To reheat this recipe, bake on a sheet pan in the oven for about 10 minutes at 400°F, or until they are heated through. You can also microwave them (but note they won't get crispy again this way.)
To make oil-free roasted sweet potatoes, simply omit the oil from the ingredients. Make sure to line the baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat so the potatoes don't stick to the pan. Otherwise, follow the recipe as written.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes about 3 medium or 2 large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes into ½-1 inch cubes.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings.
- Spread out evenly onto a baking sheet. Use a good non-stick baking sheet or line with parchment paper to make sure the potatoes don't stick.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so, until golden brown.