This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
I love enjoying a cold cold glass of this delicious strawberry matcha smoothie along with my breakfast in the morning. It's a little sweet and sour from the goji berries.
Warm weather is upon us again! (And for you, too, I hope.)
During the colder months, I tend to lay off of cold beverages. Once spring hits, though, I'm craving iced coffees and smoothies like crazy!
I used to make smoothies a lot when I was in college as a quick make-grab-and-go meal. Now, as a busy mother who can rarely sit down for a meal during the day, smoothies are the perfect way to get the nutrients and energy I need to chase around a rambunctious toddler and two crazy dogs.
And I'll be honest with you...the smoothies I make are not fancy or full of a dozen different ingredients. But that's how I like them! Simple, but delicious with an abundance of nutrition.
- Non-dairy milk: Such as cashew milk, oat milk, or coconut milk. Just use your favorite!
- Strawberries: I prefer frozen for smoothies.
- Goji berries: These antioxidant-packed dried berries taste similar to cranberries - sour and a little bitter on their own. However, when blended up with a sweet fruit like strawberries, the combo is delicious.
- Matcha: This kind is my favorite! You can make cold or hot drinks with matcha powder.
- Protein powder: I recommend adding protein to this recipe for satiation.
Blend together all ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
If you find that your blender is being caught up and stalling, I recommend putting the milk in first, then the fruit, then the powder. Sometimes when you put the frozen fruit in first, it can get caught under the blades depending the type of blender you have.
- You can substitute any frozen berry, like raspberries, for the strawberries.
- Raspberries, dried cranberries, or even cherries are good alternatives for goji berries.
- Add in any fruit (or vegetable) you like to this smoothie! Banana or avocado would pair well with these flavors. You can also add hemp seeds, chia seeds, green powder, or flax seeds for additional nutrition.
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner's Guide!
Strawberry Matcha Smoothie
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 3 tablespoons protein powder
- Blend together the ingredients.
- Pour into a glass or to-go bottle.
- Sip (or chug) away!