This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Great as a side dish or on their own for lunch, these oil-free roasted veggies are tasty + flavorful + easy! Drizzling them with vegan hummus dressing totally takes them to another level of deliciousness.
Easy Roasted Veggies with Zesty Hummus Dressing
I've been meal prepping a lot lately in an attempt to stick with a clean plant-based diet. When I went vegan, I tended to go gaga over all of the incredible vegan junk food that exists out there and gained a few (okay, more than a few) pounds.
Nope, veganism does not always equal weight loss. There is a TON of oil and sugar in store-bought, vegan junk food. Lesson learned! So now I'm on a path of clean eating and weight loss. And I'm feeling really good about it!
The biggest thing that helps me stick to clean eating is meal prepping. I always have something on hand if I'm hungry, which deters me from seeking out the little junk food that still remains in my house or going out for food. It also just saves a ton of time, and time is insanely valuable to this work-at-home mom.
On Sundays, my meal-prepping day, one of the things I like to make is this batch of roasted veggies and hummus dressing. Lots of healthy carbs to fill you up, and low fat if you seek out oil-free hummus. This is a great recipe if you are following a HCLF diet (high-carb, low-fat).
Using hummus as a main ingredient for dressing is a great way to make creamy, but vegan, salad dressings. I love the combination of hummus and mustard for a zesty flavor!
Another yummy dressing recipe to top these roasted veggies with is my Roasted Red Pepper dressing.
These roasted veggies are great for a filling, veggie-packed lunch, as a side dish, or as a snack to tide you over. Sometimes, I double this recipe to last me the week if I'm really craving it.
Roasted Veggies with Zesty Hummus Dressing
- ¼ cup plain hummus
- 2 tsp dijon mustard - or whatever mustard you have on hand
- 1 large garlic clove - or two small ones
- 3 pitted dates**
- 3 Tbs water
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the veggies with the remaining ingredients and spread out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, covered with foil. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the veggies are fork tender.
- While the veggies are roasted, you can make your dressing! Simply blend all of the ingredients together in a blender. If you find the dressing is too watery, add more hummus. Too thick, add more water.
- Drizzle the dressing over your veggies and devour!
- If you are meal prepping - store the veggies and the dressing separately in the fridge for up to 5 days.