This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Easy healthy vegan broccoli cheese soup made with all whole, nutritious ingredients. Broccoli, carrots, potatoes, oh my!
Oil-free, gluten-free, nut-free.
Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
My omnivorous husband enjoys about 90% of the vegan food I make – he’s learned to love dinners like chickpea curry even though he previously claimed to hate chickpeas, he tried seitan steak the other night and devoured it, and he doesn’t miss “real dairy” in dishes like scalloped potatoes and cashew alfredo. This Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup (or maybe we should call it vegan broccoli no-cheese soup) is no exception! It tastes cheesy without a single drop of dairy.
When I made this soup last night he told me “You make a lot of good food, but seriously, your soups are killer.”
more favorite vegan soup recipes
How to Make Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
Other than broccoli, this soup has ingredients like carrots, potatoes, and nutritional yeast – all key to getting that “cheesy” flavor and texture. A lot of vegan cheese recipes call for those three ingredients, including my nacho cheese.
First, you’ll saute the carrots in veggie stock (no oil necessary!) Then simply add in all remaining ingredients except for the broccoli. Adding paprika and mustard powder really helps to achieve that sharp cheddar soup flavor.
For a cheesy creamy soup texture, I like to blend about 2 cups of the soup until super smooth. You can also use an immersion blender – the one kitchen gadget I don’t have yet!
Add in the broccoli, simmer until tender, and BAM. That’s it. Easy cheesy vegan broccoli soup on the table.
Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup in a homemade bread bowl is the BEST comfort food on earth. Move over, Panera Bread. We are coming for you! 😉
- 2 large carrots - peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup veggie stock
- 2 medium red potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 cup non-dairy milk - unsweetened, original flavor
- salt to taste
- 4 cups broccoli florets - frozen or fresh
- Saute the carrots in 1/4 cup veggie stock in a large soup pot until they start to soften.
- Add in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the broccoli and stir. Simmer on medium heat until the potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Blend about 2 cups of the soup until super creamy. Be super careful - hot soup + blender can be a hazard. Cool the soup down first if you're worried. Pour the blended soup back into the pot.
- Stir in the broccoli florets. Simmer the soup until the broccoli is tender. Serve warm!
Did you enjoy this “cheesy” vegan broccoli soup recipe? Please feel free leave to a comment & a review below! I LOVE hearing from you guys.