This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Make a vegan Crunchwrap at home with this Taco Bell copycat recipe! Layered with vegan "beef", dairy-free nacho cheese, cashew sour cream, and more.
I have been dying to recreate and vegan-ize this recipe for a while and I finally did it. And guys, ITS GOOD. From what I can remember, it tastes pretty much exactly like a Crunchwrap...just without all the grease and animal products. And it's much easier to make than I thought it would be!
VEGAN CRUNCHWRAP LAYERS:
- Large flour tortilla
- Vegan beef
- Dairy-free nacho cheese
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Vegan beef: I love Impossible burger - it's the best vegan meat, in my opinion. You can also make your own using TVP. Another option is lentil taco meat.
- Vegan sour cream: There are a few storebought brands out there, like Tofutti, or you can make homemade cashew sour cream.
- Nacho cheese: Make your own easy vegan nacho cheese! Storebought dairy-free nacho cheese can be tough to come by, but keep an eye out for Siete's Nacho Cashew Queso. It's delicious!
- To assemble each crunchwrap: Start with a tortilla, then add ½ cup beef in the center. Spread it out a little. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of nacho cheese on top. Place a tostada on top of the cheese. Spread about 2 tablespoons of sour cream on the tostada, then top with ¼ cup of lettuce and some chopped tomato.
- Fold the edges up over the center, tightly. While I'm assembling the remaining crunchwraps, I like to place a plate on top of each wrap so it doesn't come undone.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-high. Place the crunchwrap in the skillet, folded side down. Cook until that side is golden brown, then flip and cook the other side another minute or 2. Repeat for each crunchwrap.