This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
This hot broccoli dip recipe is the perfect appetizer for any occasion! Holidays, Sunday football, big family dinners, etc. It’s also a great recipe to bring to potlucks! Your non-vegan friends will have absolutely no idea that this broccoli dip is totally dairy-free and vegan.
Creamy Hot Broccoli Dip
Spinach and artichoke dip was a long-time favorite appetizer of mine before I went vegan. Creamy, warm, and you kinda felt like you were eating healthy because…veggies. Ha.
And while I definitely miss that dip, and plan to make my own vegan version at some point, I wanted to do something different. Which is usually my mentality when I’m brainstorming recipes. I love to come up with unique ideas. Sometimes those ideas are a little too out there (there have been MANY recipe fails throughout my blogging years!)
But this creamy hot broccoli dip is a TOTAL winner. If you love broccoli, if you hate broccoli…you’ll probably like broccoli dip. Because even though broccoli is in the name, the creaminess that happens when you blend the other ingredients together is just heavenly.
The primary ingredients, aside from the broccoli, are vegan cream cheese and soaked cashews.
For a healthier dip option, I recommend using white beans (like cannellini beans or great northern beans) in place of the vegan cream cheese. You’ll still get that creamy texture! I really like the decadence of the cream cheese, but both methods are delicious.
Tip: Make sure to cut the broccoli into small pieces. Too big and you won’t be able to easily scoop ’em up.
Serve this vegan broccoli dip with tortilla chips, veggies like carrots and celery, crackers, and/or toasted bread (my fav!)
It’s even tasty on a bagel. Great idea to use up any leftovers! Mmmm. Appetizer and breakfast all-in-one.
More Vegan and Dairy-free Appetizer Ideas:
Creamy Hot Broccoli Dip
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese – OR 1 cup white beans, drained
- 1 cup cashews – soaked (see notes)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt – to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes – optional, for a kick
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1.5 cups fresh broccoli – cut into small pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Blend all of the ingredients, EXCEPT for the broccoli, in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the blended mixture into a baking dish. Then, mix in the broccoli.
- Top with your favorite vegan cheese if you want.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the dip is getting a little golden brown.
- Serve hot with crackers, veggies, or toasted bread.