This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Hellloooo curry lovers! You’re going to obsess over how tasty this raw broccoli salad tossed with creamy curry dressing is – but perhaps more so over how insanely EASY it is to make. Got 10 minutes – if that? This salad is great as a side dish or a potluck contribution. So, so flavorful and impressive with a small amount of effort. Isn’t that how ALL FOOD should be?! Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free.
Broccoli Salad with Creamy Curry Dressing
I took a poll on my Facebook page asking readers what common vegan ingredients they find gross…I was shocked at how many people said broccoli! Guys, I LOVE broccoli and eat it at least once a day. I like to add it to marinara and curry, roast it, and smother it with cheese sauce.
I even love raw broccoli – which is how this delicious curried broccoli salad was born. My mom would always add raw broccoli into her pasta salad and it was the best part…except for the pasta, naturally.
Since you’ve made it here, I assume you also love broccoli. Whew.
Aside from the beloved broccoli, this salad also contains yummy ingredients like celery, red onions, and sunflower seeds. You could even add dried fruit (cranberries, raisins), fresh fruit (apples would be SO GOOD), or other veggies (peas, cauliflower, snow peas, bell peppers.) Do you.
The creamy curry dressing is made from plain & unsweetened vegan yogurt (I used Ripple – soy would also work), curry powder, and salt. So damn simple. No mayo or cashews to make a complicated creamy blender sauce.
This curried broccoli salad is PERFECT for those hot summer days when you crave something cold and creamy. It’s also just a fantastic way to get in those nutrient-packed raw veggies.
You might also love these easy vegan curry dishes:
Curried Broccoli Salad
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt - or to taste
- 2 heads broccoli florets (fresh) - chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery - chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup red onion - chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, curry powder, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, toss the curry dressing with the remaining ingredients.
- Let the broccoli salad sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- Enjoy cold. Serves about 6 as a side dish.