This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
These easy, crispy roasted Brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish.
Garlicky Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy (edges.)
- Soft (inside.)
All words to describe these super delicious Brussels sprouts.
Roasted Brussels sprouts are one of my all-time favorite side dishes. When I was younger, I absolutely refused to even try one. As an adult, I discovered their tastiness and haven’t looked back. The yummy food we miss as picky kids, right?!
Like with all veggies, Brussels sprouts have numerous health benefits. They are high in nutrients (like vitamins C and K), antioxidants, and fiber.
How to Roast Brussels Sprouts
To get these Brussels sprouts ready to roast, we need to do a little prepping. Trim off any excess stalk, peel off any gross outer leaves if necessary, and slice them in half vertically (through the stalk.)
Toss them in olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
I highly recommend olive oil over any other oil as it produces a crispier outside. But a good alternative is vegan butter.
Place the Brussels sprouts flat side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space between them.
Roast in the oven on a lower-middle rack until the flat side is golden brown. If you’ve baked for the time specified in the recipe card and the sprouts are still not golden brown, move the baking sheet to a lower rack and check every couple of minutes.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? ⭐
Please leave a comment and a star review below.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- vegan parmesan for topping – optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare the Brussels sprouts, trim off the remaining stalk and slice each in half. Remove any outer leaves if necessary.
- In a bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the Brussels sprouts flat side down on the baking sheet. Leave room in between them.
- On a lower-middle rack, bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the flat side is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan (optional) and serve warm.