This festive Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Cheese Ball is the perfect no-bake holiday appetizer to share with family and friends.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
This delicious cranberry pistachio vegan cheese ball is guaranteed to be the star of the show at any holiday gathering! Vegan cream cheese makes a soft savory cheese ball perfect for spreading on crackers or apple slices. Or my personal favorite, toasted baguette slices. Mmmm.
To elevate this dairy-free cheeseball, add a coating of dried cranberries and pistachios. The flavors go so well together, and it’s absolutely beautiful! The colors, red and green, make it great for a Christmas appetizer.
The ingredients for this cheese ball are simple and you may already have them at home.
Here’s what you need:
- Vegan cream cheese: I like GoVeggie, Trader Joe’s Brand, or Kite Hill.
- Dried cranberries: These add tart-sweet flavor and some texture.
- Vegan cheese: Choose your favorite dairy-free shredded cheddar.
- Lemon juice: For some added acidity and brightness.
- Onion powder
- Dried thyme or rosemary
This vegan cheese ball is simple to make. Just make sure to whip it up ahead of time, as it needs to sit in the fridge for at least 6 hours before coating with the cranberries and pistachios.
How to Serve
Serve this cheese ball on a large plate or cheese board, surrounded by your dippers of choice. Here are some ideas:
- Toasted bread
- Herb crackers (I love rosemary crackers with this cheese ball!)
- Apple slices (toss them with lemon water to prevent browning)
- Graham crackers
- 4-Ingredient No-Yeast Bread
Variations and Substitutions
This cheese ball recipe is very forgiving and you can easily make it your own!
- If you don’t have plastic wrap, scoop the cheeseball mixture into a bowl and chill as directed. Top with the coating mixture and enjoy it right out of the bowl.
- Swap dried cranberries for raisins, chopped dates, or dried cherries.
- Use pecans or walnuts instead of pistachios.
- Use homemade cream cheese using cashews instead of storebought.
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner’s Guide!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup vegan cheddar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme or rosemary
- ⅓ cup pistachios shelled
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Mix together the cream cheese, dried cranberries, vegan cheddar, lemon juice, onion powder and thyme or rosemary.
- Scoop the mixture in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Wrap up into a ball, set into a bowl to help keep the spherical shape, and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours. 12+ hours is best, and it can stay in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Unwrap the cheese ball, place on a plate, and mold it into a more uniform sphere if necessary.
- Toss together the chopped pistachios, cranberries, and parsley.
- Press the coating into the cheese ball.
- Serve with crackers, toasted bread, apple slices, or whatever your heart desires!