This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
BBQ Cauliflower Wings are smoky, sweet, spicy and the perfect summertime appetizer that happens to be vegan.
I'm all about finger food appetizers. Whether I'm hosting an outdoor BBQ or just getting something on the table for my family to snack on when hunger strikes, no one says no to BBQ cauliflower wings.
These wings are crispy and coated in sweet, spicy barbecue sauce. I like to make them alongside Buffalo Cauliflower Wings for a loaded cauliflower wing appetizer spread.
These wings are healthier than your average wings. And not just because they're vegan. Also because they're baked in the oven, not fried! And they get just as crispy as you want.
- Cauliflower. Choose a nice big cauliflower head and cut it into similar-sized "wings" to ensure even cooking.
- Non-dairy milk. You can use any vegan milk you like. I recommend unsweetened plain milk so it doesn't affect the flavor of your bbq sauce.
- Paprika. For a bit of subtle heat in the barbecue sauce.
- Onion and garlic powder. These round out the sauce with a nice allium flavor.
- Flour. All-purpose flour is all you need. This gets your wings crispy and helps them absorb the sauce better.
- BBQ sauce: Most store bought barbecue sauces are vegan, or you can make homemade BBQ sauce.
Ingredient Swaps & Substitutions
- Gluten-free BBQ cauliflower wings: Simply swap the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free all-purpose blend.
- More spice: You can add hot sauce, red chili flakes or chili powder to increase the spice of your wings to taste.
These are best eaten straight away, fresh out of the oven. However, you can store leftovers for up to four days in the fridge. If they lose some of their crispiness, reheat the wings in a hot oven.
Serve your smoky baked BBQ cauliflower wings with other vegan barbecue favorites like:
BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking pan with parchment (I use two 9x13 baking pans or one 15x21 pan.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, vegan milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and black pepper until smooth.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter until well coated.
- Place the cauliflower on the baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes.
- Brush each cauliflower bite with the BBQ sauce. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.