This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
This healthy vegan stuffed mushrooms recipe makes for a fantastic appetizer, especially for the holiday season! Quinoa, sundried tomatoes, pecans…yum.
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
Love mushrooms? Then you’ll love this recipe for vegan stuffed mushrooms! It’s also gluten-free…and best of all, FULL of flavor and incredible texture – and sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
You’ll want to pick up mushrooms that are small enough to be considered finger food but big enough to be stuffed with the yummy filling you’re going to make. Baby bella mushrooms, also known as crimini mushrooms, are a great choice.
Most stuffed mushroom recipes call for tons of cheese, sometimes butter. Of course, since we are going vegan with this recipe, there isn’t any dairy to be found here. Instead, I used vegan parmesan to add that cheesy flavor (it’s REALLY delicious, try not to eat it all with a spoon before adding it to the stuffed mushroom filling!)
If you can’t eat nuts, go ahead and leave out the pecans. You can replace them with pepitas (pumpkin seeds.) Still adds that crunchy texture, and still super festive!
Looking for more vegan holiday recipes?
- 16 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup quinoa - dry
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 5 cloves fresh garlic - finely chopped or pressed
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan* - (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Clean, de-stem and scrape the inside of the mushrooms to create little bowls. Place in an oven-safe dish. Set aside.
- Add quinoa and water to a pot. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, toast the chopped pecans on a baking sheet in the oven at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the quinoa, toasted pecans, and all remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Fill your mushrooms with the quinoa mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Top with more vegan parmesan. Serve!