These easy buffalo chickpea wraps are a tasty vegan lunch idea you can prep ahead of time.
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps: Easy Vegan Lunch
Meet my newest obsession: buffalo chickpea wraps.
Is there any more of an epic combo than buffalo and ranch? I am struggling to think of one right now. That’s probably because as I’m typing this, I’m taking breaks between each sentence to bite into one of these wraps.
Soft tortilla outside, a refreshing crunch from the lettuce and celery…then that spicy buffalo sauce hits your tongue followed by the creamy vegan ranch to cool it down a little. I AM LIVING for this. The flavors are insane.
Not to mention, this recipe is so easy to make. All you need is a little time to bake the chickpeas in the oven. You can meal prep this on Sunday and eat it throughout the week. The wrap won’t get soggy if you assemble it the night before, thanks to the lettuce barrier, so you can just grab and go in the morning.
Add whatever veggies you like: I added celery, but you could add fresh broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc. Buffalo and ranch are pretty versatile flavors. Sometimes I like to sneak some vegan cheddar in there, too (I’ve been loving the Follow Your Heart cheddar shreds.)
Step by Step Recipe Video:
More Lunch Ideas You Might Like:
- Turmeric Chickpea Sandwich
- Roasted Veggies with Zesty Hummus Dressing
- Jackfruit Enchilada Bowls
- Avocado Chickpea Salad
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 2-3 soft flour tortillas
- lettuce leaves or shredded lettuce
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- vegan ranch
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the chickpeas out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Toss the baked chickpeas with 2 tbsp of buffalo sauce (or more or less depending on your taste preference.)
- Bake again for an additional 5 minutes.
- Assemble your wraps: lay a tortilla down, place lettuce leaves on top, then the buffalo chickpeas, celery, and finally drizzle with a little vegan ranch. Add some extra buffalo sauce for more kick. Roll up the wraps like a burrito.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for another day!