This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Hummus Wraps are a healthy and satisfying vegan lunch idea with crunchy, colorful vegetables, plant-based protein and your favorite tortilla or wrap.
Summer is the time for simple, laid-back cooking. It's time to keep your oven off and embrace colorful, flavorful seasonal produce.
That's why I decided to share one of my go-to summer lunches with you. These hummus wraps are about as stress-free as a lunch can be. They're easy to customize with whatever's in your fridge(or garden) this time of year. Plus, they're family-friendly and pack plenty of protein for a satisfying vegan meal.
Feel free to mix and match the veggies in your hummus wraps! Here are some ideas to add crunch and color to your sandwiches: kale, butter lettuce, microgreens, avocado, zucchini, radishes, red onion, & edamame.
- Cherry tomatoes. You can also use diced or sliced whole tomatoes.
- Carrots. Shred or slice them nice and small so they fit comfortably in your wrap.
- Bell pepper. Feel free to use any color you like.
- Cucumber. These add natural sweetness and are so refreshing in the wrap.
- Spinach. Because it's always a good idea to add more leafy greens to your meals!
- Red cabbage. This is an easy way to add a pop of color. You can also use shredded green cabbage if you prefer.
- Hummus. To make oil-free hummus, try this recipe. For convenience, just use your favorite store-bought hummus!
Substitutions and Swaps
- Added flavor: Try adding vegan ranch, BBQ sauce, or buffalo sauce to your wraps. You can serve the sauce on the side or drizzle it over the veggies before closing the wrap.
- Adding protein: Chickpeas, black beans, or tofu are delicious in these wraps.
- Gluten-free: Simply use your favorite gluten-free wrap to make this sandwich allergy-friendly.
These sandwiches are best served right away after making them. If they're let to sit for too long, the wraps can get soggy.
However, you can make the sandwiches in the morning and keep them in an airtight container or wrapped in tin foil until lunch.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 cucumber chopped or sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup spinach loosely packed
- ½ cup sliced red cabbage
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- Prepare the vegetables. Chopping them into small pieces or slices works best for a clean roll-up.
- Spread the hummus in the center of the tortillas. Add the vegetables on top, leaving room on the edges for rolling.
- Tuck in the ends of the tortillas and roll tightly. Hold together with a toothpick if necessary (this is great to do if meal prepping, so your wrap doesn't come apart.) Enjoy!