This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Are you craving caesar salad, but struggling to find a dairy-free, anchovy-free way? Try this nut-free 3-ingredient Vegan Caesar Dressing!
My love for caesar salad runs deep and I frequently make it at home for dinner because my family loves it, too. Especially with my homemade garlic croutons. It makes for a great lunch if you add some tofu or chickpeas for that satiating protein element. Of course, store-bought caesar dressings contain dairy, eggs, and anchovies. The good news is that it's super easy to make at home.
This vegan caesar dressing recipe is:
- super creamy
- made without a blender
- made with 3 ingredients
- Vegan mayo: There are several options out there now for vegan mayo! Hellmann's (or Best Foods) is my favorite. You can also use plain vegan yogurt.
- Capers: These little balls of salt goodness are a great substitute for anchovies in this dressing. We'll be using some of the brine in the jar, as well.
- Lemon juice
You may also want to add some water as needed to get the consistency you prefer!
This recipe is as simple as whisking together the vegan mayo, capers and caper brine, and lemon juice.
That's it. No blending or fancy equipment is needed. The days of cashew-based vegan dressings are over!
- Mayo substitute: Try using vegan yogurt as well. Choose a yogurt that is plain and unsweetened.
- Use balsamic vinegar instead of lemon juice
- If you can't find capers (they are usually located near the olives) or prefer not to use them, just use salt to taste and ¼ teaspoon of thyme.
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner's Guide!
Try my recipe for Vegan Ranch next! It has over 200 5-star reviews.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons caper brine
- water as needed for consistency
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe has been updated as of March 9, 2023. If you're looking for the old recipe, here it is: Blend together 1 cup soaked cashews, ⅔ cup vegan mayo, ¾ cup water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 2 cloves garlic, ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper, and salt to taste.
More Vegan Salads + Dressing + Topping Recipes
- Tzatziki Sauce Dressing
- Vegan Gyro-Inspired Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Bacon Bits Alternative
- Blueberry & Hemp Seed Salad