Make these super simple and quick vegan bacon bits to jazz up any salad or make loaded baked potatoes. They add lots of delicious, smokey, and salty flavor. You can make these bacon bits with cashews or nut-free with sunflower seeds.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
This recipe uses liquid smoke, liquid aminos (or soy sauce), smoked paprika and maple syrup to achieve that bacon-y taste.
The best part is how delicious these taste. The second best about these cashew bacon bites, aside from the flavor, is how easy they are to make.
To get them into “bit” size, pulse the cashews in a blender or food processor. I use a mesh strainer to get out the powdery bits, but that’s totally optional. If you don’t have either appliance, you can chop them up with a knife.
Then, mix together all of the ingredients and bake in the oven. In about 15 minutes, you’ll have vegan bacon bits to use on salads, potatoes, soup, or however you like!
This recipe requires just 5 ingredients.
- Cashews: I prefer using raw cashews for this recipe, but roasted will work just fine. If you’re using salted cashews, decrease the amount liquid aminos or soy sauce you use. Use sunflower seeds instead for nut-free bacon bits.
- Liquid smoke: This adds that smokey bacon flavor to the recipe. If you don’t have liquid smoke, add some extra smoked paprika.
- Liquid aminos or soy sauce: Whichever you have on hand!
- Smoked paprika
- Maple syrup: Adds a touch of sweetness and helps the seasoning stick to the cashews.
The method for making these vegan bacon bits is super simple. You just need a food processor or blender to turn the cashews into tiny pieces. Or, you can finely chop them with a knife.
Step 1: Add cashews in a blender or food processor and pulse until broken down into smaller bits.
Step 2: Toss with remaining ingredients. Step 3: Bake for 10 minutes.
Ways to Use Vegan Bacon Bits
Let the bacon bits cool and then use them however your heart desires. Here are some ideas:
- On a chopped salad
- On baked potatoes with vegan sour cream
- Make loaded vegan potato soup
- Make a vegan cheese ball for a yummy appetizer – instead of using cranberries and pistachios in that linked recipe, use the bacon bits!
- Add to a pasta dish
- With tofu scramble
- Make a bagel chip appetizer with hummus and bacon bits (that’s what is pictured below!)
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Vegan Bacon Bits
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Add cashews in a blender or food processor and pulse until broken down into smaller bits.
- In a small bowl, mix the cashew bits and remaining ingredients together.
- Spread the seasoned cashews onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, taking out halfway to stir around to ensure even baking.
- Remove from oven. Let cool. Put on top of a salad, baking potato, etc!