This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Simple vegan greek salad with tofu feta and fresh vegetables including tomatoes, cucumbers, and kalamata olives.
Though I am forever obsessed with a good Caesar salad, Greek salad is up there in my top favorites. If you love tons of fresh veggies and a delicious olive oil oregano dressing, this one is for you.
Check out this Greek Salad recipe on Olive Tomato for information on a truly authentic greek salad! My version is, of course, vegan-ized with dairy-free feta.
Ready to make your grocery list for this vegan Greek salad? Reminder: You can find the detailed, printable recipe in the recipe card below.
- Vegan feta: There are some store-bought options, like VioLife, but I prefer making my own tofu feta. It's simple, delicious, and you can prepare it ahead of time.
- Kalamata olives: These are the olives you want for an authentic salad, named after the city of Kalamata in Peloponnese, Greece. You can find jars of sliced or whole olives (usually found near the pickles in the grocery store.)
- Cucumber: Grab your favorite kind. I like to slice my cucumber in half, scoop the seeds out, then slice.
- Tomatoes: I use either cherry or grape tomatoes. Feel free to use any type of tomato and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Red onion: You'll just need half of an onion (or if you love onions - use the whole thing!)
- Bell pepper: From what I've read, bell pepper is an ingredient that is sometimes in Greek salad and it's usually green bell pepper. But hey - use your favorite or what you have on hand.
- Dressing: Olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, black pepper, dried, oregano, and salt.
Make-Ahead & Storage
To make your vegan greek salad ahead of time, you can either prep the entire salad and store it in the fridge or store the components separately.
I like to chop up all the veggies, add them to a bowl with a cover, and then store the dressing in a different jar. If the cucumbers are left too long in the fridge with dressing, they tend to get soggy.
I recommend making the tofu feta ahead of time as it should marinate for at least an hour.
This salad will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Swaps & Variations
- Different vegetables: Add or remove vegetables based on your preferences or what you have in the fridge. I added some chopped cauliflower to my leftover salad and it was delicious.
- Oil-free: To substitute the olive oil, you can make the dressing with aquafaba, bean mayo, or hummus instead.
- Chickpeas: The tofu feta works as a protein, but you can also add some chickpeas!
- Fresh basil: Garnish with fresh basil for a beautiful presentation.
⭐Did you make this recipe?⭐
Please leave a comment and a star review below.
Vegan Greek Salad
- ½ batch vegan feta
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives - pitted
- 1 large cucumber - halved and sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes - halved
- ½ red onion - halved and sliced
- 1 bell pepper - cored and chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano - dried
- ¼ teaspoon salt - or to taste
- Prepare your vegetables.
- Whisk together the salad dressing.
- Toss everything together in a large bowl and serve.