This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is a creamy, tangy, and garlicky appetizer for your next plant-based snack spread or game day.
I love a good plant-based appetizer. Especially a creamy dippable spread like Vegan Beer Cheese Dip, Creamy Hot Broccoli Dip, or this vegan spinach artichoke dip. It's perfect for entertaining or an after-school snack. You can serve this creamy dip with chips, crackers, crudite, or spread it on a sandwich!
This is my favorite dip for watching football games and Superbowl Sunday. It's always a huge hit in our house. We usually eat it with blue corn tortilla chips. Or when we're feeling fancy, I toast up a sliced baguette.
This recipe is mostly hands-off, as the artichoke dip gets its full flavor and creaminess from baking in the oven. You'll start by sautéing aromatic garlic and wilting the spinach on the stove. Here's what you need to make vegan artichoke dip:
- Oil for quickly sautéing the garlic and wilting the spinach. Use any cooking oil you prefer.
- Garlic for the deep umami flavor.
- Fresh baby spinach. This will wilt down quickly, so don't be alarmed when it looks like a lot!
- Vegan cream cheese. I like the vegan GoVeggie cream cheese, but you can also make homemade cashew cream cheese.
- Vegan mayo. Follow Your Heart makes good vegan mayo. For an oil-free mayo, try this recipe bean "mayo".
- Artichoke hearts. Make sure you cut them nice and small so your dip is easy to eat with chips or crackers.
- Nutritional yeast. You can also substitute with your favorite grated vegan parmesan cheese.
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner's Guide!
Substitutions & Swaps
- Frozen spinach: You can use a 10-ounce package of frozen spinach (thawed and drained) instead of fresh spinach.
- Oil-free: You can saute the garlic and cook the spinach with a splash of water in your skillet if you're limiting oil.
Store leftover spinach artichoke dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese - room temperature
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts - drained and chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast - or vegan parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat. Saute garlic until browned, about 2 minutes. Add in spinach and saute until wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a baking dish, mix together the vegan cream cheese, mayo, artichoke hearts, nutritional yeast, sautéed spinach, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbly. Serve warm!