This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
This easy creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta recipe is a comforting and creamy skillet pasta dish with fresh sage and pumpkin seeds perfect for fall.
There's nothing like a creamy homemade pasta dinner, especially on a chilly fall or winter night. This vegan fettuccine with creamy pumpkin sauce is a family favorite dish flavored with fresh herbs and topped with pumpkin seeds for crunch and color.
Video: How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
Instead of breaking out our blenders and soaking cashews to make a creamy sauce, I'm keeping this simple but dairy-free with coconut milk. The coconut flavor compliments the pumpkin so well, and it allows the sauce to become super creamy and luscious!
Here are all the ingredients you need for vegan pumpkin pasta:
- Fettuccine. I like long pasta for this dish, but any shape will work.
- Canned pumpkin. You can use store-bought puree or make your own.
- Coconut milk. Use full-fat for the creamiest texture and flavor.
- Garlic powder for savory flavor.
- Sage. This fresh herb is so perfect with pumpkin.
Ingredient Swaps & Substitutions
- Gluten-free vegan pumpkin pasta. Use your favorite gluten-free pasta.
- Other spices. Instead of sage, you can use thyme or rosemary!
- Toppings. I love adding crunch with toasted pumpkin seeds on top. You could also add a dusting of vegan parmesan cheese or red pepper flakes for heat.
- Added veggies. You can ampu up this past recipe by folding in simple roasted veggies. For protien, add Crumbled Tempeh Sausage.
You can store leftover pumpkin sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. Or freeze it for up to three months. Reheat the sauce in the microwave or on the stove until heatedthrough.
I recommend storing the noodles separately from the sauce to avoid overcooking the noodles.
Did you make this creamy pumpkin pasta recipe? Leave a review, rate it, and/or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram so I can see!
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner's Guide!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Creamy Pumpkin Sage Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a large pan, whisk together the coconut milk, pumpkin purée, sage, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. I like a lot of pepper in mine!
- Bring to a simmer on medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes - until thick and creamy!
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve warm. For a fancy garnish and crunchy texture, sprinkle some roasted pepitas on top!