Crunchy and delicious chocolate peanut butter granola you can enjoy for a healthy breakfast or snack!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
Do you love those peanut butter no-bake cookies?
This chocolate peanut butter granola recipe tastes just like those scrumptious cookies. Which makes sense because it’s basically all of the same ingredients, just prepped a different way. Oats, PB, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup or agave, and a touch of salt. PERFECTION.
You can use natural peanut butter or any PB you love. Something like Jif will melt better but natural peanut butter is typically “melty” right out of the jar because of the natural oils. We’ll talk more about the importance of the meltiness below!
How to Make Homemade Granola
Making homemade granola is pretty simple and typically takes less than 30 minutes, start to finish. Granola is a great way to tackle snack cravings. Looking for something crunchy? Granola! Something you can eat like cereal OR with your hands? Granola! Something to satisfy that sweet tooth? GRANOLA! You get it.
For this chocolate peanut butter granola, you’ll be making a chocolate PB sauce and tossing it with oats. Because this recipe is low or no-oil (depending on the type of peanut butter you use) it’s pretty important to melt the peanut butter.
Melting it will make your life easier when we get to stirring into the oats. I just put the peanut butter & maple syrup in a bowl and warm it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can add these ingredients into a pot on the stove and heat on low until melty.
The mixture will be pretty clumpy/chunky, but we like chunky granola around here! Throw it on a baking sheet with some roasted peanuts and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, giving the granola a gentle toss about halfway.
When you take it out of the oven, leave it right on the pan to cool. The crunchy texture will come through after it cools down. Then toss in some chocolate chips. I used this homemade vegan chocolate recipe and cut it up into chocolate chunks. So good. 😋
Store in an airtight container in your pantry for up to a week.
Yummy, easy granola perfect for meal prep!
NOTE: While oats are naturally gluten-free, many oat companies process their oats in facilities that also process gluten. Make sure to check the container for that gluten-free label if it’s important to you.
More Vegan Breakfast Ideas
More Healthy Snack Ideas
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 325F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup together. If necessary, warm up the mixture a bit to melt the peanut butter a bit. This will help it mix into the oats.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour the sauce over the oats and mix well. Mix in the peanuts.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from the oven and let the granola cool. If you handle it before it’s cooled, the granola chunks will fall apart.
- Once cooled, toss in the chocolate chips and store in an airtight container for up to a week.