This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
These easy vegan breakfast tacos are made with roasted potatoes and tofu scramble. Add your favorite toppings like mushrooms, vegan sour cream and cheese, and/or tomatoes!
Vegan Breakfast Tacos with Potatoes & Tofu Scramble
My husband used to make us breakfast tacos with chorizo, eggs, potatoes, and cheese. Of course, aside from the potatoes, that wouldn’t fly on a vegan diet. The good news is that it is totally possible to make DELICIOUS vegan breakfast tacos.
These tacos are perfect for those weekend mornings with family, or you can prep the potatoes and tofu scramble ahead of time and enjoy these before work after some assembly. Goodbye oatmeal and smoothies and avocado toast.
This recipe makes about 6 tacos, so if you are just making them for yourself, I’d halve the recipe. Or not. Be your best self with a belly full of tacos.
Aside from the tortillas – this recipe is oil-free if you care about that kind of thing. You can totally find oil-free tortillas though, like from Engine 2 which I have found at Whole Foods. Another option is to make these into a taco bowl with some homemade tortilla chips made from oil-free corn tortillas.
Otherwise, grab your fav tortillas for tacos and let’s go!
If you NEED CHEESE in your tacos (I relate) – there are so many options for vegan cheese! Homemade vegan nacho cheese, Daiya shredded cheese, So Delicious Cheddar (my personal go-to for store-bought)…finding a favorite vegan cheese might be difficult if you are just beginning a vegan diet but keep trying! There are great ones out there.
Avoiding soy? You could lightly mash up some chickpeas in place of the tofu scramble – mix with the seasonings & cook the same way.
So many options you have no choice but to make some killer vegan breakfast tacos now. I got you. I also made a post with my favorite breakfast recipes here if you’re looking for even more inspiration.
More Vegan Taco Recipes:
Vegan Breakfast Tacos How-To Video:
Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Pre-heat the oven to 450F degrees.
- Toss the prepped potatoes with the seasoning (garlic, thyme, sage, paprika, cayenne, and salt.)
- Spread the potatoes out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway.
- In the meantime, prep anything else you want in your tacos. I love a simple taco with potatoes, tofu scramble, vegan sour cream, and sometimes a little vegan cheese. The tempeh sausage crumbles linked to in the ingredients list are also tasty.