This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Make the best Vegan Creamy Italian Dressing with tofu, dried herbs, lemon juice and garlic to upgrade your favorite green, pasta and potato salads with a high-protein sauce.
This creamy Italian dressing is one of my favorite salad dressings, right alongside my super popular vegan ranch! It's delicious drizzled over a crisp fresh green salad like a simple chopped salad or toss with pasta salad.
As a bonus, not only does this dressing taste wonderfully herby and fresh, but it also contains 5 grams of protein per serving! You truly can't go wrong with this super creamy salad dressing made with tofu.
You might be surprised by some of the secrete ingredients in this dressing recipe. With herbs, garlic and tofu, you can make the creamiest and fluffiest vegan Italian dressing.
- Tofu. Use firm or extra-firm tofu as the base to your vegan Italian dressing.
- Lemon juice. For added brightness and to help the tofu blend in the food processor.
- Olive oil. To allow the dressing to emulsify for the creamiest texture.
- Garlic. For added flavor. You could also use a dash of garlic powder if you prefer.
- Onion powder. For a subtle onion flavor that doesn't overwhelm the dressing.
- White wine vinegar. To cut through some of the richness from olive oil.
- Italian seasoning. For the signature herby flavor you expect in Italian dressing.
Substitutions and Swaps
- Other herbs: You can swap the Italian seasoning blend for other dried herbs of your choice, including basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary or thyme.
- Fresh herbs: Feel free to use fresh herbs if you like. Just add a handful of your favorite herbs directly to the food processor.
- Other vinegar: If you don't have white vinegar, you can replace it with more lemon juice or use apple cider vinegar.
Store this creamy vegan Italian dressing in an airtight container for up to four days in the fridge.
Trying to go vegan? Sign up for our (FREE) Vegan Beginner's Guide!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Vegan Creamy Italian Dressing
- 7 ounces tofu firm or extra firm
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil or more as needed for texture
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Blend together all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add more olive oil if you like a thinner dressing.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.