This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy creamy vegan tomato soup. This recipe is made in about 5 minutes with simple pantry ingredients.
On a cold day, my favorite lunch to make is tomato soup with vegan grilled cheese. So warm and cozy!
When my son was about 3, he was begging for tomato soup. Of course, we didn't have any. On a whim, I grabbed some tomato paste and vegan milk and came up with some on the fly. He loved it. So did I. Many recipes for homemade tomato soup call for fresh tomatoes, which I don't usually have on hand because we don't eat them often. But I always have a can (or six) of tomato paste in the pantry!
We usually buy Imagine's Creamy Tomato Soup for convenience, but if we are all out, this recipe is almost just as quick and easy to make.
You just need some simple, common pantry ingredients to make this vegan creamy tomato soup. Reminder: The full, printable recipe is in the recipe card below.
- Tomato paste: One 6-ounce can.
- Non-dairy milk: Any plain, unsweetened vegan milk will work. I usually use extra creamy oat milk but I have also tried almond, cashew, and coconut milk with this recipe with tasty results!
- Sugar: A little sweetness adds a nice contrast to the acidic tomato. This can be left out or substitute with a little maple syrup.
- Garlic, onion, basil, salt, and pepper. You can also add a little oregano.
How to Make Vegan Tomato Soup
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium-sized pot.
- On medium heat, heat until warm. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy warm! Topping ideas: homemade vegan croutons and cashew parmesan.
Got leftovers? Store in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze this soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
5-Minute Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup
- Whisk all ingredients together in a pot.
- Heat the soup up on medium-high heat. Stir frequently.
- Cook until heated through (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and pour into bowls. Enjoy warm!
More Vegan Soup Recipes: