This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy.
You need just 15 minutes and less than 10 ingredients to make these easy vegan pumpkin pancakes! The perfect breakfast for mornings during the fall and holiday season. (Or whenever for pumpkin-lovers like me!)
These vegan pumpkin pancakes are super moist, perfectly spiced, and really simple to make (without eggs or dairy, of course!)
No shame, we are big pumpkin fans in this house. Give me all the pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin spice lattes, please. We even get super fancy sometimes and make pumpkin stuffed french toast. I know. Amazing.
But if you just want something super simple and absolutely acceptable as a breakfast food, pumpkin spice pancakes are the best. These would be a wonderful treat for Thanksgiving brunch! Top with whipped cream, nuts, or even chocolate chips for extra deliciousness.
For the full list of ingredients and amounts, see the recipe card below.
- Pumpkin puree: Use canned 100% pure pumpkin.
- Non-dairy milk: Use your favorite! I have used oat and almond milks for this recipe.
- Brown sugar: Adds a rich sweetness.
- Vegan butter: Melted. I like Earth Balance butter.
- Flour: All-purpose.
- Baking powder: Adds the fluff to these fluffy pancakes!
- Vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg: Use 100% pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
⏲️ How to Make
This recipe was adapted from my fluffy pancakes recipe, and they are just as easy as the original. For a printer-friendly version, see the recipe card below.
- First, mix together the wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, dairy-free milk, brown sugar, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract.
- Next, mix in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until the dry ingredients just incorporated to keep them fluffy. Overmixing will result in chewy pancakes.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat. I prefer to use a non-stick pan. Add some vegan butter if you want crispy edges on your pancakes.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Flip when the underside has cooked and there are bubbles on the edge of the pancake (about 3-4 minutes.) Cook for another couple of minutes. I typically have two pans going and cook 1 or 2 pancakes in each pan at a time, depending on how large the pan is. Use an electric griddle to cook more at once!
- Top with maple syrup, some extra cinnamon, and/or vegan whipped cream!
🥣 Variations and Substitutions
Yes! You can leave out the vegan butter and they will still come out amazing. Make sure to use a good non-stick pan.
Following the recipe as is will produce the best results. However, if you only have canned pumpkin pie filling, you can use 1 cup of that instead of the pumpkin puree and make the following adjustments: Omit the sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Absolutely! You can use canned or homemade.
No, baking soda will not work. This recipe needs baking powder.
Yes! You can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Yep, use 1 teaspoon and omit the cinnamon and nutmeg.
Use a 1:1 flour like Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour instead of the all-purpose flour.
Serve with vegan sausage links and tofu scramble for an epic breakfast. Then, try these lemon coconut pancakes next weekend!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a comment and a ⭐ star review below!
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup non-dairy milk like almond or oat
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Stir together the pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until the dry ingredients just incorporated to keep them fluffy. Overmixing will result in chewy pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat. Add a teaspoon or two of vegan butter into the pan if crispy edges are desired.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until the edges of the pancake starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Flip! Cook on that side until golden brown (about 1-2 minutes)