This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
If you need a super easy dairy-free or vegan sweetened condensed milk recipe, I have the perfect one for you! This recipe calls for only 2 ingredients.
Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe
Store-bought vegan sweetened condensed milk is hard to come by (I actually have to buy it on Amazon!) Thankfully, it’s pretty simple to make at home!
And you only need 2 ingredients:
- A can of full fat coconut milk
- Organic cane sugar (or your sweetener of choice)
The method is super basic: bring the coconut milk and sugar to a boil, then let simmer for 40-45 minutes (or until the milk has reduced by about half.) It will have a consistency just like traditional sweetened condensed milk once it is cooled to room temperature.
Sweetened condensed milk helps to make a great coffee creamer!
Coconut milk in a carton will not work for this recipe – full-fat canned coconut milk is essential to getting that perfectly sticky sweet texture and consistency. I recommend getting a good quality coconut milk with minimal additives.
I can’t wait to try out recipes like magic cookie bars and pecan pie using this vegan sweetened condensed milk! What recipe are you going to try it in?
Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can full fat coconut milk*
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- In a pot on medium heat, bring the coconut milk and the sugar to a boil. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't boil over.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 40-45 minutes (until liquid is reduced by about half.)
- Stir or whisk every 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and let cool (it will get even thicker as it cools.)
- Store in fridge for up to 10 days.